The Excellent Endeavors of English Class

Writing is an empowering exploration. Let the discoveries begin!

Question for a Senior Viking

on February 28, 2016

Okay, fabulous freshmen – it’s time to branch out just a wee bit beyond the four walls of our cozy, cool classroom.  Don’t worry, we won’t branch out too far (yet!) . . . just a few doors down to my senior Expository Writing class.  I am excited about the communication and authentic writing we are about to take part in!!

imgres

Assignment:  You will write a post directed to a senior here at FHS.  If you could ask one question about the four years spent here at FHS, what would it be?  The question could be related specifically to Fremd OR it could be concerning high school life in general.
Audience:  You will be paired with one of my senior writing students at Fremd High School
Purpose:  To get a realistic picture of high school life from a reliable source 🙂
Format:  Letter format that includes:

• A Salutation (Dear Senior OR Dear Esteemed Upper Classman OR another salutation you create )
  • A Thank You directed to this senior, thanking for his/her time in answering the question
  • Closing and signature

Length:  Let’s make it worth their while.  Please express your question with at least TWO PARAGRAPHS.  To help you elaborate, think about this:  How will the answer to this facilitate your time here?  What will you do with this information that the seniors offer to you?

INCLUDE MEDIA:  to help illustrate the advice . . . .

– picture (yours or Google Image/Safe Search cited correctly)

Screen Shot 2016-02-02 at 11.40.33 AM

Procedure:

• Place this in the CREATIVE NON-FICTION category (create the category if you don’t already have it)
  • Once this is published and looked over by me, I will pair you with one of my seniors.
  • That student will read your post eagerly and respond back with an answer.
  • You will, in turn, respond to any questions or clarifications asked of you.  This will be our first official comment thread!

Due:

– Monday, March 7th, before class

We will be in the Lab on Friday – and you will have time over the weekend to finish this.